viennabelle: (16th c Italian maid)
Yesterday I looked at this project with new eyes. Something is wonky with the fit, so I got DH to help me try to get it on. He must be absorbing this (he's become quite helpful with fitting!), but he immediately concluded--too small in the bust. Other than that, it fits fine. I know I used a pattern I drafted a year ago--and come to think of it, I gained weight this past year (yes, I'm counting points too). Grrr.

So, now I'm thinking of adding a stomacher, which will make it more Tudor than Italian, but it saves the project from total failure.

Today I think I will baste in eye tape to try to get a feeling for how I want it to fit. I'm also considering adding boning channels to the front and maybe another layer of canvas (though it will be 4 layers thick at that point!). I'll try taking pics when I make progress.

The other thing--I think I also want to line the skirt. It will mean ripping out and resewing the bottom binding, but I think it will fall much better. I just hope I have natural linen in the stash!

It seems that every time I put down a project, it gets better when I return to it...so long as I do return to it!

Profile

viennabelle: (Default)
viennabelle

March 2013

S M T W T F S
     1 2
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 20th, 2017 12:56 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios